Wednesday, November 4, 2015

2015 Rewind: Year in Review


I attended the PCMA’s Capital Chapter 2015 Rewind: Year in Review. From the registration process to the post-event survey, I thought PCMA’s annual meeting was well thought out and executed. The online registration process was very easy and straightforward, which was particularly nice, as it was my first time registering for a PCMA event.  Before the event, I received both a registration confirmation and a reminder email. They also provided a list of the silent auction items, which provided an incentive for members and nonmembers to attend.


Arriving at the event, the only problem I encountered was a lack of signage at the main hotel entrance. However, once you located the right floor, there was a variety of well-placed signs pointing me to the registration area (there was even a person holding a sign!) Once at the registration area, it was an extremely quick and efficient process…I did not even have to wait in line!



From an attendee’s perspective, the program seemed to go flawlessly. The recap and award part of the program were short and sweet. While the program reviewed the 2015 accomplishments of PCMA and celebrated the winners, it also provided attendees with ample time to network and meet other guests, while enjoying a wide variety of delicious food.  I was able to meet wonderful people, both suppliers and planners. I even had the opportunity to speak with the Capital Chapter’s president, who briefly explained to me both the structure of their chapter and the different committees within the chapter.





The morning after the event, I received a thank you email and a feedback survey. This survey was very easy and took less than five minutes to complete. However, it still managed to asked a comprehensive set of questions that would help to provide feedback for PCMA.



I really enjoyed attending this association meeting and will definitely consider joining PCMA, as the benefits, from networking to learning, appear to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment