Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Jenée's Takeaways

I appreciated learning about all the different organizations that contribute to the event and meeting management field. As I browsed their websites and attended one organizational meeting, it really widened my view of the field. It is amazing to meet so many individuals who have the same passion and the desire to help you. It is reassuring to know we are in a field with amazing individuals.

I loved the behind scenes tour of Gaylord National. The inner workings of the event and meeting management within the hotel industry has always been interesting to me. I was so surprised to see how large they are and hear how many event managers they are. I was equally impressed to see how long everyone had stayed on board within Gaylord National.

I am always seeking effective ways to be better in project management. I tend to go about these things the hard way. When we learned about new ways to be organized (Asana and MS Project) I was really excited. I use to utilize my calendar (ineffectively) and Microsoft Word to organize my event and meeting management projects. Now I will utilize MS Project through the rest of my program and in my business. Also, the project management exercise was too fun. It was a challenge and I was determined not to let it defeat me!

I had an amazing time in event management! I loved my classmates and everyone's perspective. There is nothing like it and I am excited to see where our journey leads us! Cheers!!

The Impressive Gaylord National

No comments:

Post a Comment