Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Blog #2: Hockey Data Science Meeting


Throughout the semester, I have been networking to find potential jobs for when I complete school this year. One company I have started speaking with is a hockey analytics firm called Hockey Data Science. Through speaking with co-founder Ryan Davenport, we allowed me to sit in on certain meetings if I agreed to help prepare and set-up for them.
I was fortunate that Ryan had a template of what he wanted included in the meeting I set up for. I was required to set places in their conference room with a bottle of water, pen, and name card. Removal of some office furniture was required as well as setting up the chairs in a specific format to engage all parties. Once this was complete, I was responsible for receiving our guests and walking them to the boardroom and show them their assigned seating. 
After walking our guests out, everyone helped in the clean-up of the room and resetting of its furniture. Since the firm is still small, there is not much complexity for their meeting set-up, process, and conclusion however all the necessities were covered and the guests seemed to be satisfied not only with the contents of the meeting but the external factors of it as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment